What is the Behavioral Health Program?
We provide services that the consumers want while meeting them "where they’re at" and while fostering individual independence.
Clinical Services for Adults and Children
- Crisis intervention
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy
Rehabilitation Services for Adults and Children
Emergency Crisis Services
- Case management
- Individual family group skills development
- Functional assessment
- Intensive support services
- Supportive housing
Community Education on Mental Health Topics
Co-occurring Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment
Outpatient Substance Abuse Counseling
The goal of the Behavioral Mental Health Program is to provide services which maximize individual and family potential for productive, independent living; to ensure that clients are provided an opportunity to reach their personal goals for mental health and interpersonal growth.
The Behavioral Health Program has been available in Seward since 1975 through grants funded by the Alaska Department of Health & Social Services, Division of Behavioral Health.
- Consumers have access to a system of comprehensive & integrated community-based services.
- Consumers are actively involved in individualized planning and implementation.
- Family, friends and community resources are an integral part.
- Services received in least restrictive setting possible.
- Cultural (linguistic, religious, spiritual) and value systems are incorporated in services provided.
- Respect for rights and dignities of the individual underlies all activities.
- Consumer satisfaction & positive outcomes are focus of services.
- Services are delivered by competent, caring individuals.
- Supports and services necessary to succeed in a person's chosen community are provided.
What is the Cost?
Services provided within the Behavioral Health Program are provided on a sliding fee scale. Fees are based on ability to pay. Services are never denied due to in ability to pay. Third party billing is available for persons with insurance of Medicaid eligibility.
Education programs are free unless special speakers are brought in for a presentation.
Who Do I Contact?
Behavioral Health Director